When your laptop won’t turn on, the first thing you should do is try to remove any peripherals that may be causing a conflict. If it still doesn’t work, proceed with the following troubleshooting steps.
The laptop won’t turn on but the power light stays on for a few seconds is an issue that has been present for a while. This article will teach you how to troubleshoot this issue.
Update: Use our optimization tool to stop receiving error messages and slowing down your machine. Click here to get it right now.
There are a few things you can do if your laptop won’t switch on or won’t start once you turn it on. Here are some troubleshooting methods to assist you figure out why your laptop won’t switch on. We suggest that you complete each of these steps for the best results.
My laptop won’t power on for some reason.
There may be a number of reasons why your laptop won’t switch on. It may be an issue with the power supply, laptop screen, battery, or even a defective motherboard component.
What is the best way to repair a laptop that won’t switch on?
Updated in October 2022:
You may now use this program to avoid PC issues such as file loss and viruses by utilizing it. It’s also a fantastic method to get the most out of your computer’s performance. The application easily resolves common Windows system problems – no need to spend hours debugging when you have the correct answer right at your fingertips:
- Step 1: Get the PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Microsoft Gold Certified for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that may be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To correct all problems, click “Repair All.”
Make a system restore.
- To get to the Advanced Options box, you may alternatively use the two routes described in method 4.
- Then, in the Advanced Options box, choose System Restore.
- Then type in your password for your account.
- To restore Windows 10 to its former condition, use the stored restore point on your machine.
- Check to see whether your Windows 10 computer/laptop boots up correctly.
Make that the power source, laptop charger, and battery are all in working order.
- Check to see whether the power switch is turned on, if an extension cable is in use, and if the laptop charger is connected in.
- Attempt disconnecting and replugging the laptop. You may also reset the laptop by plugging it straight into an outlet.
- Make sure your laptop charger is plugged into the correct port on your computer.
- Replace the laptop charger cable with a compatible, functioning one to check whether the issue is resolved.
- You may also try removing the laptop’s battery and connecting it to a power source directly.
- If your Windows 10 machine boots properly, your laptop battery may be defective; a new laptop battery may be purchased.
Examine your laptop’s display.
Check your laptop monitor first if your computer has electricity but won’t turn on. A faulty UPS may sometimes be the source of a monitor issue. You may try replacing the UPS to see if the issue goes away.
Disconnect all USB devices and unplug any external devices.
A conflict with a USB device may sometimes create an issue with Windows 10 laptop/computer starting. To ensure that external and USB devices such as a mouse, keyboard, printer, digital camera, flash drive, external hard drive, gaming consoles, and others are not the source of your laptop’s poor starting, unplug them all. Then try restarting your Windows 10 laptop to check whether it boots up.
RECOMMENDED: To fix Windows problems and improve system performance, go here.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
The my laptop won’t turn on but the power light is on hp issue can be a difficult one to troubleshoot. There are many things that you can try to fix this problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you fix a laptop that wont turn on?
You can try to charge it for a few hours, or you can take the battery out and put it in another laptop.
What is the problem if laptop does not start?
If your laptop does not start, the most likely cause is that the battery has drained. This can be caused by a number of things, including leaving it plugged in for too long or using it while its plugged in.
When I press Power button on laptop nothing happens?
If the power button on your laptop is not responding, it may be that the battery is dead. You can try plugging it in to a wall outlet and see if you get any response from the button.
- my laptop won’t turn on but the power light is on
- my laptop won’t turn on but the power light is on built in battery
- how to fix a laptop that won’t turn on
- my laptop won’t start up just a black screen
- how to troubleshoot laptop